Sunday, June 24, 2007

A furry kitchen, satellite telephone antenna, bedroom closet



The insulation material looks kinda cosy... the sheetrock for the living-room and kitchen is already on site, actually being installed as of Monday. Where the sheetrock is resting right now, between the kitchen windows and the window next to the fireplace, is where my temporary office will be, until we close off the third bedroom/office downstairs, which is not part of phase one. At some point we looked into including the 3rd bedroom in phase one, but we've moved it back again, as the landscaping and pool take precedence budget wise...





The guy has installed the telephone antenna (satellite phone, strange system they have in Uruguay for rural areas. Although I am STEPS AWAY from fiber optic, I saw them lay it with my very own eyes, they still refuse to offer regular landline service in our area, claiming there's too few users. I may choose that as my campaign platform...





The bedroom closet, a weird view of it meeting the ceiling (concrete, showing the vein of the wooden slats used as mold), our little lights next to the closet so i don't have to use a flashlight to find my t-shirts, and the open central shelves, with drawers below them, which are cut off in the picture. We have two of these, as the guest bedroom downstairs will have the same exact thing, so it should be enough for our rags. On both sides (right and left) of the shelves there's hanging space, with a sliding door, and those things leaning against it on the right are the bug screens for various windows.

2 comments:

Urufish said...

Neat... ur the first person I know here using Ruralcel. If we had that option in Piria, I would have taken it in a heartbeat.... it's more reliable than wireline... assuming Antel keeps their antennas in good condition.. which in my experience, they do.
If you've really got fiber nearby, you may be one of the first Uruguayans about 50 years from now with fiber to your curb.. :)

Arrancopelito said...

Coming from you this is very encouraging urufish! Up to now I had felt underprivileged by having to use ruralcel, but you make it sound better :-)